5/26/10

2. Create Bags

Create Bags For Your Various Activities.
Think about the activities you and your family are involved in outside of the house and create a bag for each event. For example, the gym, dance class, soccer, swimming, sports, art class, music lessons.
Each bag will contain everything needed for that event.
Dance Bag: tap shoes, ballet shoes, etc.
Soccer Bag: Soccer shoes, shin guards, water bottle, soccer ball, etc.
Swimming: sunscreen, water toys, swim cap, fins, towel, card to access the pool, etc.
Gym bag: work out towel, lock for your locker, gym card, toiletries for the shower, etc.
The night before your activity, hang your bag on the hooks by the door and grab and go in the morning. No more scrambling to find your soccer ball.....it is in the bag.
I even have a bag for drying cleaning. Instead of putting our dirty dry cleaning clothes in the hamper, I put them in the dry cleaning bag. I also put wire hangers into my bag. Your dry cleaner may accept these hangers to recycle. This is a great way to keep them out of your closet and landfill. Once the bag is full, I take it to the dry cleaners.
Need a bag? I have an extra bag to mail to the first person who emails me at stephanie@curlygirlorganizing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment